India’s day by day circumstances of the coronavirus illness (Covid-19) are as soon as once more on the rise, having fallen beneath 10,000 a number of instances earlier this month. In accordance with the Union ministry of well being and household welfare’s dashboard on Sunday morning, there have been 14,264 new infections in the country within the previous 24 hours, taking the an infection tally to 10,991,651. There have been 11,667 recovered circumstances, 2,507 new energetic circumstances and 90 associated deaths prior to now 24 hours, taking their respective tallies to 10,689,715, 145,634 and 156,302.
With the pandemic resurgent in a number of components of the nation, listed below are some key issues to be careful for subsequent week as India fights Covid-19:
1. New guidelines for worldwide air journey will come into impact from 11:59pm on Monday. Earlier this week, the civil aviation ministry launched an up to date customary working process (SOP) after circumstances of the South Africa and Brazil variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus had been detected within the nation.
Additionally Learn | Covid-19 mutant strains: Civil aviation ministry releases updated SOP
2. In accordance with a briefing by the well being ministry earlier this week, a minimum of 4 circumstances of the South Africa variant and one of many Brazil variant have been present in India so far. There are additionally greater than 150 circumstances of the UK variant. Nonetheless, none of those has resulted in a single demise so far.
3. The states of Maharashtra and Kerala had been flagged as areas of concern by the well being ministry. Whereas Maharashtra recorded greater than 6,000 new day by day circumstances twice this week, Kerala noticed 4,650 new infections on Saturday.
Additionally Learn | Karnataka releases guidelines for travellers from Maharashtra: All you need to know
4. Curbs have been introduced in a number of components of Maharashtra and its authorities has repeatedly warned of one other lockdown in view of the resurgence of the pandemic within the western state. There have been 6,281 infections on Saturday and 6,112 on Friday, as per the state well being division.
5. Maharashtra’s capital metropolis of Mumbai has additionally seen its day by day circumstances rise and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Company (BMC) has up to date its Covid-19 norms for the metropolis. Mumbai recorded 897 new circumstances on Saturday.
Additionally Learn | Buildings to be sealed, marshals in trains: BMC’s new Covid-19 norms for Mumbai
6. Whereas Maharashtra’s Covid-19 tally of two,093,913 (49,630 energetic circumstances and 51,753 deaths) is the very best nationally, Kerala’s is subsequent at 10,30,587. Nonetheless, with greater than 58,000 energetic circumstances, the southern state tops on that depend, adopted by Maharashtra.
7. The well being ministry has additionally expressed concern on the upswing in circumstances within the states of Punjab, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
8. As of Sunday morning, India has administered greater than 11 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, as per the well being ministry’s dashboard. With India being the quickest to the vast majority of vaccination marks, it’s more likely to cross a couple of extra within the coming days and week.
9. The Union ministry of house affairs (MHA) can be more likely to announce the newest Covid-19 norms for the nation. A number of state governments, Maharashtra specifically, may additionally select to increase lockdowns of their respective states.
10. This week, India registered 86,711 new cases of the viral illness, 8,314 circumstances or 10.35% increased than final week. Associated fatalities had been 660, as in opposition to 637 from final week.