Sponsor of this yr’s Influencer Advertising and marketing Present International, Traackr, has launched its ‘State of Magnificence’ report. The report explores how inclusivity is taking heart stage, perfume is making a comeback, and the way platforms and content material proceed to evolve.
Analysis discovered within the latest report performed by the data-driven influencer advertising and marketing platform, Traackr, discovered that perfume, inclusive skincare, physique positivity, and different TikTok-driven content material was among the many high magnificence tendencies within the influencer market in 2020. Traackr’s ‘State of Affect: Magnificence’ aimed to research how the challenges of the previous yr have knowledgeable rising tendencies within the magnificence trade, with a deal with the social media platform and influencer advertising and marketing sectors.
The workforce at Traackr analysed a pattern of 41,717 influencers, primarily positioned in america, Canada, and Europe, who produce content material and have audiences enthusiastic about frequent magnificence, trend, meals, and beverage. The pattern included influencers of all tiers, from nano to movie star. Content material produced and shared by these influencers from January 2019 – December 2020 was analysed. Traackr particularly needed to deal with how 2020 in comparison with 2019 to provide a report that would supply key trade insights and comparisons.
Pierre Loïc- Assayag, CEO and co-founder of Traackr, stated: “2020 was a lesson in accountability and resilience.
“As a number of international points took maintain, manufacturers, and influencers wanted to step again from product-focused methods and undertake humanized and genuine mindsets. Within the coming yr, we’ll see the necessity for genuine model values, robust viewers, and influencer relationships, artistic and value-based content material, and platform exploration proceed to develop.”
Let’s discover the findings from the report…
Magnificence Content material
- “Fragrance-fluencers” revive perfume. In 2020, perfume noticed a resurgence in curiosity. Perfume was the second magnificence class with probably the most progress from 2019 to 2020. A serious a part of that progress was pushed by TikTok, with the platform seeing a 237% enhance in activated influencers and a big 1065% spike in engagement. TikTok’s brief video format appeared to be and continues to be an ideal place for influencers to share opinions, submit tutorials and convey the essence of a perfume.
- Skincare will get extra various and sincere. Skincare noticed a serious increase throughout the pandemic because the ‘skinfluencer motion’ went viral. Though the preliminary skincare hype appears to have settled down, conversations round various skincare noticed a 19% enhance in engagements from 2019 to 2020, with manufacturers like Paula’s Selection, KNC Magnificence, and Black Woman Sunscreen main the way in which.
Skincare content material can also be turning into extra clear and sincere as influencers and audiences focus discussions on particular pores and skin challenges like zits (194% enhance in engagements), eczema (148% enhance in engagements), and rosacea (190% enhance in engagements).
- Make-up refocuses to particular tendencies and content material. Though conversations about make-up had been down broadly in 2020, some manufacturers and influencers nonetheless managed to achieve success by getting artistic and providing particular, worthwhile content material. For instance, lip make-up exploded in reputation on TikTok in comparison with different platforms – with a 134% enhance in lively influencers and 346% enhance in engagements from 2019 to 2020.
Different profitable tendencies that had been extra frequent throughout many platforms included pure make-up seems, high-shine and impartial lips, extremely pigmented or inventive eyes, and transformation or ‘glow up’ movies.
- Social commerce dialog picks up. Within the second half of 2020, paid influencer collaborations began selecting again up as manufacturers resumed advertising and marketing and advert spend following preliminary pandemic reactions. As manufacturers sought out methods to straight attain and promote to shoppers, the dialog round social commerce additionally climbed with a 27% enhance in influencers actively speaking about it, with engagement in social commerce content material rising 28% from 2019 to 2020.
In addition to seeing extra influencers getting concerned with social commerce, manufacturers began reshaping their methods. Shopify is an instance of a model that altered its commerce technique in response to the pandemic by increasing checkout capabilities to Fb, Instagram, and TikTok. We additionally noticed L’Oréal placing funding in social commerce software program.
- Triller, Clubhouse, and Pinterest shut in on TikTok. The rise of TikTok proved that customers had been prepared for brand spanking new or revamped social platforms, we additionally noticed how competitor platforms reacted to observe in TikTok’s footsteps.
Primarily based on influencer conversations, Triller noticed probably the most buzz with a 119% enhance in posts and 1317% enhance in engagements. Coming in second was Clubhouse with a 506% enhance in posts and 6% lower in engagements, and third was Pinterest with a 20% enhance in engagements. Total, 2020 noticed a outstanding enhance in time spent on social media, with many people spending extra time at house.
If you wish to learn extra about Traackr’s findings, you’ll be able to delve into the full report. The report additionally supplies additional perception on how paid influencer collaborations have rebounded within the final yr, which kinds of content material carried out effectively within the magnificence trade, and which influencers are shortly rising to prominence.