CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- Chartrese Edwards and her ten-year-old daughter, Taraji, went to their native salon for some primping in preparation for his or her ‘Mommy and Me’ trip to San Diego, California.
Chartrese had been to the salon earlier than, had eye lashes placed on earlier than, however this was her first expertise making an attempt eyebrow tinting.
Inside hours the realm round her eyebrow and eyelids grew to become crimson, infected, and painful. She and her daughter needed to lower their journey quick after an area California hospital informed her to see her major care doctor. So Chartrese and Taraji returned to Charlotte.
However nonetheless, after visiting her physician a number of days later, she hadn’t improved and the eyelashes weren’t coming off. After a futile journey to the ER, it was an area esthetician who eliminated the lashes.
Dr. Elizabeth Rostan, MD, Mid-Charlotte Dermatology informed us “the dye that’s used can generally trigger an allergy referred to as a contact allergy that may trigger redness, swelling and itching” including, after taking a look at photos of Chartrese,”it appears to be like like what your affected person has right here.”
Dr. Rostan defined that the problem in eradicating the lashes could also be associated to the swelling in her eyelid from the response to the eyebrow tint and that swelling is folding over ends of eyelashes.
The underside line, in accordance with Dr. Rostan, is “generally all these merchandise are very secure however like another beauty, an allergy is feasible to one of many components within the product.”
FOX 46 has spoken to a salon proprietor who says they’ve by no means had a shopper expertise such a response to eyebrow tinting or eyelashes.