by Kutztown College
Could 03, 2021
Kutztown College has created a pupil housing program for college students fascinated about dwelling and studying with different college students who share comparable substance-free way of life values. Whereas Kutztown College is a dry campus and substances akin to medication and alcohol are prohibited on campus, Freedom Place is open to any pupil who commits to dwelling a substance-free way of life.
Our supportive atmosphere will enable college students to discover methods to deal with stress, unwind and have enjoyable with like-minded college students. College students make private commitments for a number of causes. A way of life freed from substance is their shared curiosity for college students who select to dwell collectively and join at Freedom Place.
Freedom Place was a three way partnership between Well being and Wellness Providers and college college, with a aim of supporting college students who select to dwell a substance-free way of life. Freedom Place is situated within the annex of College Place. Residents can have a separate entrance, a group kitchen, three group rooms, single air-conditioned rooms at college charges and the comfort of a meal plan.
Freedom Place supplies college students with a supportive and inclusive atmosphere that encourages them to study from each other, construct constructive relationships and develop a powerful sense of self and better belonging to the campus group.
Rooms can be found for the 2021 fall semester. College students who’re fascinated about offering peer help and modeling a wholesome way of life are inspired to use.
This system will present college students alternatives that embody:
- Mentorship from Well being and Wellness Providers and school members.
- Alternatives to attend and plan campus occasions.
- Alternatives to have interaction in group service and advocacy.
- Situated close to athletic fields and health middle.
- Excursions to leisure and occasions.
- Alternatives to attend native supportive conferences held on and off-campus (non-compulsory).
- Along with your meal plan, there’s a personal central kitchen for communal eating.
- Widespread space for conferences and actions.
- Participate in weekly home conferences.
- Attend and help within the planning of three KU college/workers facilitated shows/applications a semester.
- Plan one home dinner a semester.
- Participate in weekly Night time Out actions.
Questions might be directed to Frances Cortez Funk, director of Well being Promotions, at [email protected] or 610-683-4240.
We’d like your help!
Your contribution makes group media doable.
A donation of any measurement to your nonprofit media group helps the way forward for media entry in our group – the stuff you love, and the locations you care about, by the individuals you realize.